Who are we?
DASSY EUROPE bv
8000 Bruges, Belgium
+32 50 799 320
The protection of your personal data is very important to DASSY EUROPE. Therefore, DASSY EUROPE will only collect, process and use your personal data in compliance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement (hereinafter “Privacy Statement”) and the applicable data protection legislation on personal data. This Privacy Statement should be read together with our Cookies Policy: https://www.dassy.eu/en/Siteinfo/Cookies/.
1. When does this Privacy Statement apply?
The Privacy Statement applies to the collection or use of personal information on websites or related to a specific product or service. This Privacy Statement is effective as of 30 May 2018.
When entering one of our (mobile) websites, our web shop, or using online services, you agree that this Privacy Statement applies to the personal information collected by DASSY Europe.
2. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
For the processing of personal data under the terms of the activities mentioned in this Privacy Statement, DASSY EUROPE considers itself as the Controller with respect to General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter called “GDPR”).
DASSY EUROPE will only collect, process or use your personal data as far as legally permitted or provided you have given your prior consent.
3. What personal data do we process and why?
Personal data means any information concerning an identified or an identifiable individual. DASSY EUROPE collects and processes different categories of personal data with respect to its customers, prospects, visitors of the website and suppliers.
DASSY EUROPE collects your data in the following ways:
a. Information provided by you: Most personal data we collect about you comes from our direct interactions with you.
- When you become a DASSY EUROPE customer and, under certain conditions, will appear in the search results of our store locator.
- When you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information.
- When you want to create a personal customer account for the web shop (dealer corner).
- When you wish to subscribe to mailings and newsletters of DASSY EUROPE.
- When you order a product or service.
- When you participate in a contest or other promotional activities.
- When you visit our social media channels.
- When you visit one of our divisions or headquarters
- When you have a contract with us
It concerns, among others, your contact- and identification data (name, postal address, e-mail address, …) and financial data (bank accounts and invoice data).
b. Information provided automatically
Upon entering one of our websites, or using online services such as our web shop, we will record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of the website and for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating our site, such as passwords, IP address and browser settings.
c. Information from other sources
DASSY EUROPE may receive, collect, process and use data provided by third parties. This includes personal data received by providers, who specialise in collecting personal data, partners of DASSY EUROPE , public sources and social media, … . When you use social media channels, please note that only their Privacy Statement applies to your personal information as well as the information that DASSY EUROPE posts.
On the DASSY EUROPE website, you may find links to other websites for which we do not take any responsibility. These sites may have diverging Privacy Statements and/or Policies. Therefore, DASSY EUROPE advises you to carefully read the Privacy Statements of third parties.
We will never force you to provide us with your personal information or to agree on how we process personal information. However, in some exceptional cases, we will need your personal information (such as your name, address, email address, …) in order to guarantee the best service that also complies with legal and regulatory obligations.
DASSY EUROPE collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds:
- To live up to our obligations towards you and offer you the correct service (whether in the execution of the agreement)
- To optimise the content and execution of our service, to manage the administration, for direct marketing purposes (e.g. sending you information or special promotions), identifying your individual preferences (e.g. based on the analysis of your personal data) and doing market research (whether based on our legitimate interests)
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
- When you gave permission
In case DASSY EUROPE wishes to use your personal data for new purposes, we will request for your prior consent.
Furthermore, DASSY EUROPE also collects personal data during recruitment and staff selection. These details are processed in our headquarters in Belgium, where the data is also stored according to legal requirements. If you have any questions regarding your application and your personal details, please do not hesitate to contact us under “Contact Us”.
Finally, DASSY EUROPE does not intend to collect and process personal data from underage (-16 years) website visitors. DASSY EUROPE therefore reserves the right, for certain actions or requests, to check the age of the website user. DASSY EUROPE advises parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to prevent data from minors being processed without permission. We can under no circumstances be held responsible for the processing of personal data of minors without parental consent if we cannot verify the age of the user of the site.
4. With whom do we share personal data?
DASSY EUROPE does not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
When necessary/possible, your personal data can be shared with a specialised service provider, with whom we work together, for the handling of your order, sending you newsletters or advertising, managing your account of organising a competition. These service providers are carefully selected by DASSY EUROPE. We take care that our service providers only process your data as instructed and that they make sure they guarantee to treat your personal data confidentially and with the necessary safety measures. When one of the service providers is located outside of the European Economic Area, then your personal data is only shared when the service provider guarantees a high level of security, protection and confidentiality of your personal data.
5. How do we protect your personal information?
a. Technical and organisational measures
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. DASSY EUROPE implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. Nevertheless, we ask you to be careful when using or saving personal or customer information, especially when using unsafe or public networks.
b. SSL Certificate
For example, we encrypt certain sensitive personal data such as credit card information when we transmit such information over the Internet.
When you proceed to finish your order or when you change your customer account, all data will be protected from unauthorised access thanks to the cryptographic Protocol SSL. The URL in the address bar of your browser starts with https://... . This shows that the internet page you visit is secured.
6. How long do we retain your personal data?
We will not retain personal data longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we are based.
7. What are your rights?
You always have the right to file a request concerning your personal data to:
- Look into your personal data and request information on how the personal data is processed
- To update and correct your personal data
- To delete your personal data (except when the personal data is necessary for the execution of a legal obligation, the execution of an agreement or based on our legitimate interest).
- To transfer the personal data
In the circumstances and under the conditions as noted in the GDPR, you also have the right to:
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- File a complaint against the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest
- Not subject to a decision based solely on automated data processing
If the processing of personal data is based on your prior consent, you can also withdraw this consent at any time.
To exercise one of the aforementioned rights, address a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Right to lodge a complaint
In the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
9. Changes to our Privacy Statements
From time to time we may update this Privacy Statement, as well as any other specific privacy statement. When making changes to this Privacy Statement, we will add a new date at the top of this Privacy Statement.